[GRASS-user] "WARNING: Line ignored as requested" in processing ASTER GDEM2 tiles

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jan 25 06:39:23 PST 2013

Hi list!

In processing ASTER GDEM2 tiles over Portugal, using r.denoise, I get (too)
many WARNINGS like:

--%<---
WARNING:   Line ignored as requested
WARNING: Not enough data columns. Incorrect delimiter or column number?
				Found the following character(s) in row 4296516:
				[-8.855 37.6686111111111]
--->%--

and so on.

For example, using a for loop to execute the following

r.denoise --o in="${ASTGTM2}" out="${ASTGTM2}"_smoothed iterations=10
threshold=0.8 epsg=3763

failed for some tiles.  What do the WARNING messages mean?  Could it be that
the tiles are corrupted?

Also, no matter what color rules I try to apply to all (original) tiles, be it
with "-e" or without, the overall drawn tiles look weird, i.e. there is no
seamless integration of the tiles.  This is something not expected normally.

Anyone experienced the same problem(s)?
Thank you, Nikos