[GRASS-user] harmonic analysis of time series

Yann Chemin yann.chemin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 01:15:50 PST 2013

Fourier series imply in their definition that the returning from the
spectral dimension is an unbounded retribution of harmonics in the
temporal dimension. In clear, the transform returns harmonics
applicable "forever" before and after, however, your temporal
constraint of origin is the realistic application of it...

On 26 January 2013 19:03, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 19 of January 2013 16:18:59 Markus Metz wrote:
>
>> There is a new add-on module for GRASS 7 to perform harmonic analysis
>> of time series (HANTS), a kind of customized FFT, after Roerink et al
>> (2000). The original purpose was to reconstruct NDVI time series, but
>> it works with all kinds of time series that show periodicity. The
>> module is called r.hants.
>
>> Enjoy!
>
> What a Great addition!!
> Kudos Markus,
>
> a one-way time-traveller,
> Nikos
>
> ps- can we also travel backwards in time with this?  I would use it to
> complete my never-ending project on MODIS time series?  :D.  I was checking
> the possibilities 5 years ago for something like that.  Looked, and still
> looks, very complex to understand what's going on behind the scene.

Yann Chemin
Researcher at IWMI
Skype/FB: yann.chemin