[GRASS-user] Sky-view Factor and LiDAR data strip adjustment

Adrian Kirilov kirilov.adrian at gmail.com
Thu May 16 08:51:44 PDT 2013

     Thank you for the answers,

     Nikos,
     I tried already 'r.colors' module. It seems to work for me but maybe
have to set proper parameters. I'm not going to focus precisely on
"minimum-maximum stretch of the histogram with saturation", because now I
also don't know what does it mean exactly. I got it from a recently written
paper about DEM visualization techniques for archaeology.

     Hamish,
     How to use 'i.landsat.rgb' with a GeoTiff image or DEM? It's necessary
to specify the channels red, green and blue. In my case the image is
composite. Should I use for example 'r.seg' add-on module to separate the
channels? Please, excuse me, but I'm really not familiar with image and
raster processing.

     It has appeared another problem in my project now. I received ALS
data, which is with overlapping strips in both directions, east-west and
north-south. Is it available some algorithm to do a strip adjustment in
GRASS GIS or any other software, so I can build cleared DEM (without
overlapping data)?

     Greetings,

     Adrian Kirilov