[GRASS-user] how to create parameters for run r.ros for fire simulation

sittichai choosumrong sittichai.ocu at gmail.com
Thu May 23 05:17:33 PDT 2013

Dear community,

I am using GRASS program to study fire simulations to learn how all this
working.
I downloaded the fire simulation package from the GRASS server[1].

If I understand is correctly, I have to run r.ros first before use r.spread.
With r.ros function, some parameters is needed [2],[3].

I am tying to understand the input data and would be happy to know
if there is any additional documentation.

My question is, How can I create and get the values of the parameters as
shows below;

*model=*name Name of an existing raster map layer in the user's current
mapset search path containing the standard fuel models defined by the USDA
Forest Service. Valid values are 1-13; other numbers are recognized as
barriers by r.ros. *moisture_1h=*name Name of an existing raster map layer
in the user's current mapset search path containing the 1-hour (<.25") fuel
moisture (percentage content multiplied by 100). *moisture_10h=*name Name
of an existing raster map layer in the user's current mapset search path
containing the 10-hour (.25-1") fuel moisture (percentage content
multiplied by 100). *moisture_100h=*name Name of an existing raster map
layer in the user's current mapset search path containing the 100-hour
(1-3") fuel moisture (percentage content multiplied by 100). *moisture_live=
*name Name of an existing raster map layer in the user's current mapset
search path containing live (herbaceous) fuel fuel moisture (percentage
content multiplied by 100).

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thank you

Sittichai Choosumrong