[GRASS-user] running r.watershed taking in to account water bodies

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 09:48:40 PST 2013

Hi,
I would like to run r.watershed and get the
basin=name  Output map: unique label for each watershed basin

considering the water bodies (lakes and rivers) as an  ancillary layer.

If i set water bodies as NULL value in the elevation data-set
  I get nodata computation along the water-bodies borders  (the truncate
basin are not compute)

If i set - water bodies as MASK
  I just receive a mask-out result of the basin calculation (resulting in
splitting of a basin in case of river)

Is there a way to get basin raster taking in to account the actual
water-bodies?

Thanks
Best

--