[GRASS-user] r.param.scale->high plane as peaks?

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:41:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

r.param.scale should be the same in all the versions (and also manual pages
are all the same). I don't know r.param.scale much but whenever I'm using
it I getting almost no peaks. It looks similar to what is in the manual
page -- almost everything on hills is ridge, just time to time there is a
peak. Did you try playing with resolution (g.region res=)? If you are not
satisfied with r.param.scale, in addons for GRASS 7 there is r.geomorphons,
the results are usually very good if you play with parameters and
resolution.

Vaclav

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/r.param.scale.html
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass65/manuals/r.param.scale.html