[GRASS-user] Problem installing GRASS extension r.inund.fluv

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 18 13:25:27 PDT 2014

Tom,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Thomas Adams <tea3rd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried a couple of times to use g.extension and below is what I get.
> I'm using GRASS 6.4.3 on the Ubuntu 13.04. I also have GRASS 7.0 installed,
> but r.inund.fluv is not available for it.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thank you,
> Tom
>
> g.extension.py extension=r.inund.fluv
> svnurl=http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6
> Fetching <r.inund.fluv> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> Compiling...

[...]
> Makefile:31: warning: overriding commands for target `clean'
> /usr/local/grass-6.4.3/include/Make/Rules.make:89: warning:
> ignoring old commands for target `clean'
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat
> ‘/home/teaiii/grass/data/potomac_utm/teaiii/.tmp/teaiii-
> Wild-Dog-
> Performance/23864.0/r.inund.fluv/bin/r.inund.fluv’: No
> such file or directory
> make: *** [install] Error 1
> WARNING: Installation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

Since GRASS 6.4.3 a few things have been fixed:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_4/gui/scripts

So testing the current 6.4.svn would be great in order to know if it
is now working.

Markus

PS: glad you successfully compiled and installed it manually according
to your other email