[GRASS-user] problem to install grass70 on ubuntu 12.04

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Aug 27 13:23:56 PDT 2014

libgdal1h does not exist in stock Ubuntu 12.04 but does in 14.04
It was a name change introduced in Debian/UbuntuGIS to deal with some
libtiff build issue.

In order for the package to work it needs to say libgdal1 || libgdal1h
(basically OR).

Quick workaround is to add the ubuntugis-unstable ppa which has
libgdal1h for 12.04.

Thanks,
Alex
Ubuntugis Team