[GRASS-user] problem to install grass70 on ubuntu 12.04

Büro Seling buero-seling at t-online.de
Fri Aug 29 02:50:17 PDT 2014

Am 27.08.2014 10:34, schrieb Sergio Vignali:
> Hi,
> I've just tried to install grass70 on ubuntu 12.04 by these command
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grass/grass-stable
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install grass70 grass70-gui
>
> the error says that there are damaged or blocked packages
>
> All the best

Dear Group,

I had also some trouble installing grass70 on Ubuntu 14.04.

For me worked this (surely quick and dirty but working):

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grass/grass-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grass70-core
sudo apt-get install grass70-gui

I don´t know why it is working without "grass70", but
when I start grass form the command line with "grass70"
everything works fine.

Cheers Stefan