[GRASS-user] Regarding issues with v.class.mlpy and v.class.ml

iat bd imtiazataher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 04:07:07 PST 2014

Date: December 01, 2014

Hi all,

I am a new Grass user and am trying to use it (through the windows GUI) for
OBIA analyses - following the method described by Mr. Lennart in his shell
script:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-October/066181.html

*Problem history:* I am stranded at the last step (which requires usage of
v.class.mlpy add-on extension). I asked the question before and got some
lead from Mr. Nikos and Mr. Pietro (thanks again!) - install Scikit-learn
library and so on. I installed all the associated libraries. However, I
could not solve the problem due to my limited knowledge of Python.

*Current Problem:* Sorry to ask for help again but I think the problem has
morphed. Upon re installation of Grass 7.0 and 7.1 and the add-ons, the
earlier error messages no longer appear (I am assuming some modifications
were made). The latest error messages upon attempt to run the add-on
references some files in the grass installation. I am attaching the error
message for your reference.

I'll appreciate it if anyone can explain the troubleshooting process in a
step by step method (preferably with some screenshots, assuming the
instructed person has no previous knowledge of Python or grass file
architecture. My trainees and I are predominantly civil engineering
graduates - with basic coding knowledge but zero exposure in python).

With kind regards,

Imtiaz