[GRASS-user] Another GRASS GIS 7.0 visualization: hydrologic model simulation animation

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 05:30:36 PST 2014

Jose,

The approach I took was very different. First of all:

(1) I'm using (Ubuntu) Linux -- this makes the GRASS scripting easier, for
me
(2) I used GRASS ps.map to generate postscript files, and then ps2pdf,
which I convert to png images using ImageMagick convert
(3) since this was all scripted, it runs automatically -- consists of two
scripts; #1 controls the looping, #2 does all the GRASS GIS work and is
called by #1
(4) the final (manual step, but I could have had it included in my script)
was to follow the procedures found here
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Movies (thanks to Markus Neteler) to
generate the movie from all the individual images

I'd be happy to provide my scripts if you care to see them.

Best,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams, III