[GRASS-user] SRTM r.watershed at multiple scales

jencor808 jencor808 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 08:22:45 PST 2014

I've been having the same problem. I have seen figures illustrating the
issue in riparian areas, where the watersheds 'end', leaving holes where
perhaps very small watersheds should be delineated along rivers/streams
instead. Personally, I am having this issue along coastlines, but its the
same as in the riparian case. I can't even fill the holes with a tiny
threshold and I'm hesitant to make up my own watersheds at the coast.

Is there a way to provide a bounding line (ie. coastline) and wall-to-wall
watersheds at a given scale are delineated within that area?

--
Jennifer M. Corcoran, PhD
NASA Postdoctoral Program Fellow
alt email: Jennifer.M.Corcoran at jpl.nasa.gov