[GRASS-user] Building -7.0 Fails

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 09:19:10 PDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2014, Anna Petrášová wrote:
>
>  only g.gui.timeline does not compile? Or also other g.gui.* modules
>> (g.gui.animation, g.gui.rlisetup,...)? Anyway have you tried to launch
>> grass gui and try to run g.gui.timeline?. This compilation error (if it
>> appears) is usually harmless but I don't understand why it appears
>> (something wrong with the building environment, not your fault).
>>

> Anna,
>
>   That's where the build failed. I did not look to see what built
> sucessfully before that, nor what would have been built after that.
>
> After the build of the whole grass (the top most directory in the grass
source code), you should get something like:

Compilation failed. Errors in:
/.../list/of/directories/
/.../where/make/was/not/successful

This you should get when the build fails. In other words, the make always
prints a report at the end with the message whether the compilation was
successful or it prints a list of directories where the compilation failed.

Vaclav