[GRASS-user] Building -7.0 Fails

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 15 14:07:42 PDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   The tail of that list of directories was what I copied into the original
> message. In addition, here's the error.log:

This is relevant since a fail somewhere may cause another later on
(dependencies...).

> GRASS GIS 7.0.svn 59253 compilation log
> Errors in:
> /home/rshepard/GIS/GRASS/grass-7.0svn/scripts/i.pansharpen

Please
cd /home/rshepard/GIS/GRASS/grass-7.0svn/scripts/i.pansharpen
make

to see the error.

> /home/rshepard/GIS/GRASS/grass-7.0svn/temporal/t.create

Likely python-dateutil is not on your system?

(the t.* commands need it. Perhaps to be tested in "configure")

> /home/rshepard/GIS/GRASS/grass-7.0svn/gui/wxpython/animation

cd /home/rshepard/GIS/GRASS/grass-7.0svn/gui/wxpython/animation
make
the others likewise to see if there is a different error.

> /home/rshepard/GIS/GRASS/grass-7.0svn/gui/wxpython/timeline

same here.

> --
> In case of errors please change into the directory with error and run
> 'make'.

... as stated :-)

> If you get multiple errors, you need to deal with them in the order they
> appear in the error log. If you get an error building a library, you will
> also get errors from anything which uses the library.

Yes.

Best
Markus