[GRASS-user] Adding attributes to vector map

Jitendra Kumar jitendra.ncsu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 06:26:51 PDT 2014

I want to be able to add additional attributes to existing vector layer in
GRASS. For point and polygons I want to query the existing cat or
attributes and then add data in a new field from information from a
external file.
For example, I want to query the US County map polygons for county name and
select the value to be uploaded for that county from an external file.

I am not sure what's the best way to do it. I would appreciate any tips to
do it using GRASS functions and/or Python API.

Thanks,
Jitu