[GRASS-user] GRASS and Blender

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Mon May 19 02:43:44 PDT 2014

Le lundi 19 mai 2014 à 09:57 +0200, G. Allegri a écrit :

> Do you have experimented robust workflows that can do one or both
> things?

Hello Giovanni,
yes in a production context (natural hazrd ingeneering) I do this kind
of back and forth quite often, but with limited functionality: for my
personal needs, it is mainly a question of 3d point clouds export/import
with coordinate system switching; unfortunately I cannot give any advice
concerning the consistency of attribute data. To keep record of an
existing database structure within GRASS, perhaps a first step would be
to export 3d objects with their cat values, so one would retrieve it
when importing back to GRASS.
In blender for example I know you can add custom properties to objects
or classes of objects, but don't know how simple it is to link it with
e.g. .vtk "POINT_DATA" or .ply feature "property". I'll dig into that.

V.