[GRASS-user] Color lines according to z coordinate

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:49:15 PDT 2014

Hi Vaclav,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> > > I would like to color contours represented as vector lines according to
> > > their height represented as z coordinate.
> >
> > d.vect zcolor= ?
>
> I forgot to mention. This works for me with points but not with lines.
> Actually, it is what manual says:
>
> zcolor=style
> Colorize point or area features according to z-coordinate

What about d.vect.thematic?? Have you tried it?

>From the manual:

"d.vect.thematic creates thematic maps from vectors of all types and
numeric attributes (stored in the data table connected to a vector map).
Thematic maps can be displayed by either a graduated color scheme (for all
vector types), as graduated icon sizes (for point and centroid types), or
graduated line widths (for lines and boundaries with associated
attributes). The user selects the vector map to be mapped and attribute
column from which to derive mapping intervals, and (optionally) the layer
for attribute data."

Best,
Vero