[GRASS-user] r.neighbors treating NULL values

Orr, Andrew B. aorr at anl.gov
Tue Oct 7 12:47:06 PDT 2014

I'm trying to find a tool that will do the same thing as the r.neighbors with a "sum cells" function, except that the tool has to write a NULL value if a NULL is encountered within the cell "size" that's specified.

For example, if I have a raster:

3 2 3
4    2
1 2 3
where the center cell is a null, I would like the tool output to write a NULL for the output when it passes over this part of the raster.
As the tool is now, it seems that it treats it as a zero or simply ignores it when "sum"ing the contents.

Any ideas on how I could do this, or what tool I would use?

Thanks for your help!
-Andy