[GRASS-user] detecting olive trees from satellite imagery

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:16:43 PDT 2014

Moritz,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Have you tried integrating variables concerning shape and size (cf some of
> the v.to.db variables), texture (r.texture - unfortunately GRASS does not
> propose texture measures for arbitrary polygons, but only for fixed-size
> windows around pixels, but you can use average texture measures within your
> segmentation polygons).
>
> You should probably check Pietro's v.class.ml in addons [1]. You can also
> look at the sample script I sent to the grass-users list a while ago [2].
>
> Just brainstorming here: maybe the r.li.* modules can be (ab)used for such
> as task ?
>

> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/
> vector/v.class.ml
> [2] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2013-October/069189.html

Fantastic! Thank you for all your precious hints! I'll let you know how it
goes. Also, kudos to Pietro for his v.class.ml (he should advertise more
his marvellous tools), that implements shikit [3], I was just reading this
example of application [4] and looks promising for my case..

Thank you!

[3] http://scikit-learn.org/
[4]
http://blog.remotesensing.io/2014/04/counting-atolls-of-the-maldives/#more

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.