[GRASS-user] extract wind steams from raster

teeschke daniel.teske at web.de
Sat Sep 27 05:28:40 PDT 2014

Hi list,

I am totally excitedabout the vector visualizations of Wind Map* and Earth
Wind**. So I'm now trying to extract this kind of vector from meteorological
grib files, which has set the wind parameters angle and speed per cell.

I tried to work with r.to.vect, but this seems to be not the best starting
point, because the stream vectors must be calculated before. Right? Could
you please give me any hints to extract some kind of wind stream vectors?

Thank you very much and best regards,
teeschke

*http://hint.fm/wind/
** http://earth.nullschool.net/