[GRASS-user] filtering csv file before input for v.in.ascii

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Aug 26 14:23:59 PDT 2015

hi Veronica,

Veronica Andreo wrote
> Hi Helmut,
>
> Did you download from GBIF site? Because there are 2 (that I know) R
> packages that allows you to download data from GBIF, and you can ask for
> "NO SPATIAL ISSUES" in the data (among other options), probably in that
> way
> you can avoid these coordinates that are in a different reference system.
> Does that make sense?? Ah! The packages are: rgbif and dismo
>
> If you want, I can provide an example... I just tried yesterday :)
>
> HTH,
> Vero

thanks for the R hints, rgbif and dismo works quite nicely.

I've just uploaded a new addon:

new addon: v.in.gbif to import GBIF species distribution data via GDAL
vector VRT
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-commit/2015-August/036932.html

the addon imports downloaded and unzipped GBIF data via GDAL vector VRT to
the location without filtering non-existing/false latlong coordinates. these
points ca may be edited by the information given in the column locality
later on.

testing and improving welcome. :-)

-----
best regards