[GRASS-user] Unique IDs for network segments

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 05:19:40 PST 2015

Hi Moritz,

The two-step v.category approach (del + add) and an additional v.to.db()
 was the
right way. Now I have the problem that there are 3 categories reported for
one single line that got split into to (1 old cat + 2 new cats). The old
category is still
associated with attributes but the two new rows are empty. How can
I get an attribute table that contains only rows for the new cats with the
attribute information
of the old category?

Here a working example (in the NC location) for illustrating my problem:
### Import test line to GRASS GIS
echo "ORGANIZATION: GRASS Development Team
DIGIT DATE:   03/12/2015
DIGIT NAME:   -
MAP NAME:     test_lines
MAP DATE:     2015
MAP SCALE:    10000
OTHER INFO:   test lines
ZONE:  0
MAP THRESH:   0.500000
VERTI:
L  3 1
 641045.70521951 218398.66077254
 641049.6221644 218261.56770124
 641026.12049504 218155.8101891
 1     5" | v.in.ascii --o format=standard input=- output=test_lines

# Add attribute table to imported line
v.db.addtable map=test_lines

# Add some attributes to table including the original cat as attribute
v.db.addcolumn map=test_lines at fidimo_test columns="col1 INT, old_cat INT"
v.db.update map=test_lines at fidimo_test column=col1 value=42
v.db.update map=test_lines at fidimo_test column=old_cat query_column=cat

# Import Point
echo "100|641045.940579|218320.669742" | v.in.ascii --o input=-
output=mypoints x=2 y=3 cat=1

# Create network
v.net -s --overwrite input=test_lines \
points=mypoints output=test_net operation=connect threshold=25

# Remove existing cats
v.category --overwrite input=test_net type=line cat=-1
output=test_net_nocat option=del

# Add new cats
v.category --overwrite input=test_net_nocat type=line
output=test_net_newcat option=add
v.to.db map=test_net_newcat type=line option=cat columns=cat

The attribute table of the final vector (test_net_newcat) should contain
only two rows for
cat 1 and 2 with the original attribute information for both rows. Is that
somehow possible
in GRASS?

/Johannes

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be