[GRASS-user] Question about r.watershed and flow accumulation grid

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:12:44 PST 2015

Markus,

Thank you very much for you insights; Yes, I have seen significant
differences between DEM derived streams and those from other sources. I
have not attempted burning the streams into the DEM as Micha suggested.
FORTUNATELY, I had a 100m DEM from the USGS that was fine for my uses; so,
the problem area that I had was resolved and I did not have to resort to
such drastic measures -- it was disheartening to think I might have to
resort to that.

So, what's really cool is that I have hydrologically modeled a good size
basin (8332 sq km) at a 250 meter grid spacing; all the model parameter
estimation was done using GRASS 70, as is the animation of the simulation.
I'll be posting it to Vimeo later today. It's the same basin area I did
previously that you saw, only the previous one had a much coarser (4km)
spatial resolution.

Thanks all!

Tom