[GRASS-user] how to do public transport isochrone maps (with OSM data)?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 24 03:52:31 PST 2015

On 24/02/15 01:24, image93 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Two months ago, i tried to do drive isochrone with the new plugin called
> "v.isochrones".
>
> Now, i w'd like to do public transport isochrone map with grass. is it
> possible to have an idea of the processing steps? what kind of input data
> must be supplied ? What grass modules should be used?

There is v.net.timetable that allows you to find a shortest path using
public transport timetables. I imagine that it should be possible to use
the process to also write a "v.net.isotimetables", but someone would
have to program that.

A rewrite of v.isochrones is on my todo list (actually mostly done on my
machine). The current implementation uses r.cost, but I've used another
approach combining v.net.iso and r.grow.distance that also gives
interesting results. The new version will also include the option to
create individual isochrone maps from a series of starting points. But I
don't know when I will find the time to actually put everything in a
state where I can upload it to addons...

Moritz