[GRASS-user] Importing USGS' wrs2_descending Shapefile

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 14 03:18:36 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> Apologies for BUMPing.  Anyone recently worked with this very data set?
>
> Nikos
>
> On 15.12.2014 12:56, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>>
>> Hi list.
>>
>> I can't get wrs2_descending.shp file (from
>> <http://landsat.usgs.gov/documents/wrs2_descending.zip>) to import
>> sans errors (grass7).  No matter the snap threshold.  Anyone recently
>> imported it?

I think that their overlapping areas cannot be represented as pure
topological model.
Hence, you need to maintain them (AFAIK it is the -c option in v.in.ogr).
Please correct me if I am wrong.

The question is: what's you scope? Visualization?

Markus