[GRASS-user] r.vol.dem - inverted on Y axis with vtk output

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:11:55 PST 2015

I'm running grass 7.1 on Linux. Installed the r.vol.dem add-on.

When I save output to a .vtk file for paraview from r.vol.dem, the data
gets inverted around the Y axis when I view it in Paraview.

If I export from r.vol.dem to an ASCII text file, then import with
v.in.ascii to points, then export the points to .vtk format (v.out.vtk),
the shape is oriented correctly on the Y axis.

Can anyone confirm that output from r.vol.dem to .vtk file inverts the Y
axis? Or perhaps I am missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Mark