[GRASS-user] Copy raster map from one unprojected location to another

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 19 03:30:59 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015, at 11:25, Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Il 19/03/2015 11:04, Johannes Radinger ha scritto:
> >  Of course, I could export the map to geotiff and import them in the
> > other location;
>
> IMHO this is the simpler way,

Bad idea. You will lose all associated metadata: colour table,
categories,
editing history, maybe even the correct cell stats and no data code.

GRASS raster maps are sets of files that are unfortunately
a little spread out over several subdirectories in the mapset directory.

To copy the entire collection of files that constitutes a GRASS raster
map from one place to another, use:

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/r.pack.html

and the associated r.unpack.

Best,