[GRASS-user] v.external on a spatialite layer

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Nov 7 12:18:00 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:42 AM, Vincent Bain <bain at toraval.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a grass6.4 (fresh build) related issue :
>
> in order to put some spatialite data within a project, I used the
> command v.external, which ran fine. When I try to show attribute table I
> get the following error message :
>
>         Traceback (most recent call last):
>           File
>         "/usr/local/grass-6.4.6svn/etc/wxpython/lmgr/frame.py", line
>         1426, in OnShowAttributeTable
>         self.AddDataRow(i, record, columns, keyId)
>           File
>         "/usr/local/grass-6.4.6svn/etc/wxpython/dbmgr/manager.py",
>         line 292, in AddDataRow
>
>         if self.columns[columns[j]]['ctype'] != types.StringType:
>         IndexError
>         :
>         list index out of range
>

> Source data seems to be clean however.

I have tried with your attached dataset, same error here.

> I cannot reproduce this error within grass7.1
>
> Has anyone any idea ?

I compared
meld grass71/gui/wxpython/dbmgr/base.py grass64/gui/wxpython/dbmgr/manager.py

but could not identify any obvious change which would fix the code
(but I am not quite familiar with the wxGUI internals).

For production I recommend 7.0.x.

Markus