[GRASS-user] Having Grass7 and Grass6 on a Ubuntu os

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Nov 20 13:43:56 PST 2015

Hei Lewis,

the QGIS-GRASS-plugin just got updated in QGIS 2.12 to support GRASS7. It not only benefits from the improvements in GRASS7, but also the plugin itself comes with new and handy features.

Already QGIS 2.10 had a GRASS7 data provider and should be able to read GRASS7 data...

So, personally I would stick to GRASS 7 and rather update QGIS if necessary. At the beginning there were some packaging issues with the plugin, but they should be solved now (see also:

https://www.mail-archive.com/qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org/msg31738.html).

Cheers,

Stefan