[GRASS-user] Performing a Maximum Likelihood Supervised classification with a single band

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:49:56 PDT 2015

Ciao Umberto,

AFAIK, classification is multivariate on its statistical basis, so that's
why it will only take a group as input. If you only have one band, you may
want to extract some information from it, for example by using r.texture
module [1]. With those resulting new bands and the original one you can
create then a group and perform the classification you prefer.

HTH! Cheers,

Vero

[1] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass71/manuals/r.texture.html