[GRASS-user] R: Re: R: Re: Performing a Maximum Likelihood Supervised classification with a single band

Umberto Filippo Minora umberto.minora at unimi.it
Wed Oct 14 09:13:03 PDT 2015

Thanks again Moritz.
Of course I have other strategies to map permafrost, not only this, but I'd rather use them in a second phase. For instance, I have cumulative global radiation data during summer derived with r.sun function and summed up. I used these data to perform a parallel classification by setting an upper value of cumulative value to my rock glaciers (75th percentile in my dataset), and keep only thise pixels to be classified which fall below this threshold. then I will perform the band 4 (let's call it "spectral classification"), AND I will overlap the two (and surely the info from the DEM), into a final classification according to certain criteria which I have in my mind.
@Nikos. Thanks again for the suggestion. I already tried the PCA but it gave me no interesting results in view of my classificaiton. I will try to fool the i.maxlik by creating a group with band 4 and a copy of it with modified name and see what will happen.
Again, many thanks to all the precious sugegstions, I didn' expect such partecipation and I am considering all your precious hints!