[GRASS-user] Problems running g.gui.gcp

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:25:28 PDT 2015

Dear GRASS users,

Today I wanted to try the georectification tool g.gui.gcp in GRASS 7 for
the first time. I was basically following the description on the GRASS wiki
(https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Georeferencing). In particular, I have a
photograph from my camera with known reference points which I load into an
unprojected XY location. My target location should also be a XY location as
the picture is taken from a "virtual" coordinate system. Inside my target
XY-location I try to open g.gui.gcp and select raster, and the location and
mapset where my photograph is stored. When I want to click next I get
following error/message: "You must select a valid location and mapset in
order to continue" and I can't proceed with the rectification. Just this
GUI message appears, no error/warning in the grass console etc. I am
puzzled how to interpret that? What is wrong with the location/mapset? The
mapset I've selected is existing (I can select it from the dropdown menu).
I tried to select any other location/mapset but receive always the same
message.

I am running GRASS 7.0.2 on Ubuntu:
GRASS version: 7.0.2svn

GRASS SVN Revision: 66568

Build Date: 2015-10-22

Build Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu

GDAL/OGR: 1.10.0

PROJ.4: 4.8.0

GEOS: 3.4.2

SQLite: 3.7.9

Python: 2.7.3

wxPython: 2.9.4.1

Platform: Linux-3.2.0-92-generic-pae-i686-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise

Any ideas?
Thanks!

/Johannes