[GRASS-user] v.external - link external vector data

Paul Shapley p.shapley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 04:31:18 PDT 2015

Hi Grass Users

I'm getting a 'db.login' password issue with 7.0.2RC1. I am trying to
created a new connection to postgreSQL with v.external but as soon as i
click on database>PostgreSQL i get the following error:

'Unable to list databases. Try to define correct connection settings by
db.login'.

I had this problem earlier in the year where the issue was 'white space' in
the db.connect string but this time it is not the case. I can see a full
list of the postgres tables in 'db.tables -p' the password appears to be
the issue.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks as always!

--