[GRASS-user] Atmospheric Correction Sentinel 2

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 17 07:53:34 PDT 2016

Hello Eddison,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Eddison Araya <eddisonjose at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello , nice to greet hope that you are well . I 'm looking for the process
> of atmospheric correction Sentinel 2 step by step, I know that the
> Semiautomatic Plugin does automatically, but I want to learn how to perform
> this process using the calculator raster QGIS or other similar method ,
> anyone can help me ? For example something like this :
> http://ibis.colostate.edu/WebContent/WS/ColoradoView/TutorialsDownloads/CO_RS_Tutorial10.pdf
> but Sentinel 2 and using free software. Excuse me, use an online translator
> from Spanish to English , thank you very much

The atmospheric correction of Sentinel-2 is rather complex and hard to
implement yourself.
Here at mundialis we use "sen2cor":
http://step.esa.int/main/third-party-plugins-2/sen2cor/

An alternative may be SMAC, see for example
http://www.cesbio.ups-tlse.fr/multitemp/?p=6013

In your case, consider to download the SNAP toolbox from ESA, and
sen2cor as a plugin to it.

The corrected Sentinel-2 bands can then be imported into GRASS GIS
using "r.import" or the graphical user interface.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software