[GRASS-user] Problems to show 3d boreholes

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:36:45 PST 2016

I'd say that if you are sure that the shape file is in zone umm 22s, you
could ignore the projection when importing (use location projection).

an alternative would be to delete the .prj file and re-open in QGIS, assign
the projection and save as a different name.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Alec Ventura <alecventura at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I just find out that the Projection: UTM (zone invalid) happens even for
> my first import, i have a projection on UTM 22s, and a shape file (checked
> on Qgis) also on UTM 22s, and when i import it on grass, and check its
> metadata its saiyng the same Projection: UTM (zone invalid).
> Any ideas?
>
> ------------------------------
> From: alecventura at hotmail.com
> To: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:15:32 -0200
> Subject: [GRASS-user] Problems to show 3d boreholes
>

> Im trying to draw some 3d boreholes, i have based my attempts on gene
> solution:
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Automatic-3D-geological-boreholes-representation-automate-v-extrude-from-a-table-my-solution-in-Pythn-td4978801.html
>
> I believe im on the right path, but by some reason when i change to 3d it
> gave me the fallow message:
>
> Error loading vector map <bore1 at Map1>
> No points from vector map <bore2 at Map1> fall within current
> region
>

> And it happens for all boreholes, when i access theyr metadata it gives:
>
>  | Map format:      native
>
>  |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>  |   Type of map: vector (level: 2)
>  |   Number of points:       0               Number of centroids:  0
>  |   Number of lines:        0               Number of boundaries: 0
>  |   Number of areas:        0               Number of islands:    0
>  |   Number of faces:        25              Number of kernels:    1
>  |   Number of volumes:      0               Number of holes:      0
>  |   Map is 3D:              Yes
>  |   Number of dblinks:      1
>  |   Projection: UTM (zone invalid)
>  |               N:  7064064.24981919    S:  7062068.91228081
>  |               E:     371187.626007    W:   369196.94006096
>  |               B:               148    T:               496
>  |   Digitization threshold: 0
>  |   Comment:
>  |     Generated by v.extrude from vector map <tmp at Map1>

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
- Digital Terrain Analysis | GIS | Remote Sensing -

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572