[GRASS-user] R: Re: i.maxlik: strange classification output and reject map

umberto.minora umberto.minora at unimi.it
Sat Jan 16 15:50:09 PST 2016

I am back to this classification issue because I could not find a way to have
it working the way I need.
Let's keep it simple: my need is to do a SML with only one class. As far as
I know, in other softwares (e.g. ENVI) it is possible to make it with only
one class, and then specify a likelihood threshold (as a precentage), to
which each pixel in the image to be classified is assigned or not to the
class. In GRASS I think it would work similarly, in the sense that I don't
specify any percentage of likelihood, but I can look at the reject map.
Still, I don't understand why over the ROIs I have more rejection than
elsewhere. Shouldn't it be the opposite? I know I already asked so, but it's
important for me to understand if something I am doing is wrong. Thanks for
any hints or help, it would be very much appreciated.