[GRASS-user] up-to-date packages in UbuntuGIS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:52:37 PST 2016

Hi,

> 2.) I upgraded Ubuntu from 15.04 (vivid) to 15.10 (wily) recently. And after
> Upgrade found out that ubuntugis-unstable
>     did not support wily, yet. At least "wily" did not appear on the
> supported versions on this side:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable.
>     This was pretty frustrating and luckily some days later, wily was
> included. Otherwise I might have fallen
>     back to standard packages of Ubuntu for GRASS or a messy system of
> unsupported packages.
>     This as comment in terms of ideal speed and frequencies of releases.

please post these questions to UbuntuGIS ML. AFAIU they are planning
to upgrade stable/unstable branch from OSGeoLive repos, which would be
big steps. You can see that mainly stable branch is not maintained for
years. From my side, I have uploaded GRASS package for wily to
unstable, here my work ends. The rest is on other UbuntuGIS
maintainers.

Ma

--
Martin Landa