[GRASS-user] (re)projection question

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:39:50 PST 2016

Hi Helmut,

On 2016-01-21 at 11:45, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
> a quick internet search finds, e.g.
> http://geotiff.maptools.org/proj_list/oblique_stereographic.html
> maybe a starting point.

I'd found that before, but thank you for sending the link again. I made progress on re-reading it.

> for a correct Proj.4 string to create a location, it's best to ask in the
> Proj.4 ML.

The progress I made, unfortunately, makes me unsure if this is a proj4 or a grass question. But I'm not sure.

I don't want to split this thread too much, but decided to try posting on GIS.SE since both communities might see it there. https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/177763/how-to-define-proj4-string-for-grass

I'll post a resolution on this thread if I get an answer there.

  -k.