[GRASS-user] Buffer error: G_realloc: unable to allocate

Peter Korencan sgwman at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 00:45:08 PST 2016

Hello!

This question may be basic, however I am
struggling with that issue for a while. I am trying to make a buffer
around big vector (lines mode) and it is constantly returning:

G_realloc: unable to allocate
	178240032 bytes of memory at lib/vector/Vlib/snap.c:251

I saw a possibility to use set GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM=1
to reduce memory usage. I am using Windows 8, and I entered set
GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM=1 to CMD which starts with GRASS.

However there was no difference, now I am wondering
is the shell environmental variable GRASS_VECTOR_LOWMEM not set
correctly or the problem is somewhere else?

Please
help.

Greetings,

Peter