[GRASS-user] Help for v.lidar.mcc

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Jul 26 14:03:26 PDT 2016

Hi Rafaela,

100mio Points should not be a problem for GRASS in principle.

However, in order to be able to answer more specific we would need more info from you, amongst others:
 - output from g.region -up
 - the settings you use in v.lidar.mcc
 - does your point cloud have an attribute table.
 - your system resources (ram and cores)

Generally, I see at least two possible options:

1) You could try v.in.pdal (https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/vector/v.in.pdal/v.in.pdal.html). Or

2) assuming that memory is the limiting factor, you could subdivide your area of interest into tiles and process each tile (make sure you have enough overlap at the edges).

There might be room for some minor performance improvements in v.lidar.mcc too...

Cheers
Stefan