[GRASS-user] Simple Isochrones for a catchment area for a store

retrofuture mathias.heidinger at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:41:51 PDT 2016

Hi!

I want to build easy isochrones using either v.isochrones or v.net.iso on a
map around one point.
However, I am not interested in the fastest way but I want to have
isochrones in meters, eg.

Point A: Isochrone Alpha - 100m, Beta - 200m, ...

I am new to Grass and as of now I haven't figured out a way to build this.

At the moment I have a network map delivered by a city, so it includes
different types of roads and speed_limits, etc.

Is there an easy way to build these rings fast?

///Update, currently investigating the r.catchment feature

Thanks!