[GRASS-user] r.shade python issues

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:29:35 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Laurent C. <lrntct at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Again - thanks for all the help so far, it is much appreciated.
> >
> > Laurent - I ran the read2_command and it returned the following:
> >
> > output='shaded_raster_hillshade_map', brighten='25', overwrite=True)
> > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'read2_command'
>
> You have to define the function yourself with the code from the wiki,
> it is not part of the GRASS scripting library.

Hi all,

let me enter the conversation here.

Gareth, using custom function might be quite an overkill here, the original
problem was wrong Python syntax (unrelated to any GRASS GIS functionality).

Laurent, if you think you must consistently use some custom function, then
you should consider opening a enhancement ticket and ideally provide a
patch as well. What you are using might be useful for others.

Best,
Vaclav