[GRASS-user] Extracting vegetation phenology from Landsat-based time series

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 00:44:35 PDT 2016

Hello Nikos,

Yes, maybe it is not well explained, but it is here:
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Temporal_data_processing#Filling_and_reconstructing_time_series_data_with_gaps_-_HANTS

and also in the manual under "NOTES"
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/addons/r.hants.html

The idea is, once you are happy with the result of hants, you ask for
amplitude outputs and with those amplitude maps (you'll have one map per
frequency) you run r.series method=max_raster. This will give you the most
important frequency (according to amplitude value of that frequency) in
each pixel. If the result is that the most important frequency is 0, then
you have one cycle per year (that, if you use a base period of one year of
course).

Hope it is clearer now :)

Best,
Vero