[GRASS-user] How to get the mean of overlaping areas between rasters.

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Nov 8 06:41:09 PST 2016

M. wrote
> Dear all,
>
> I want to sum 13 raster maps, and calculate the mean of areas which
> overlap
> among them. I mean, sum all the maps, but in those areas which they
> overlap
> calculate the mean of the values.
>
> Does anybody know a method to do it?
>
> Thanks for the attention,

hope to understand it right, so maybe

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass73/manuals/r.series.html

r.series - Makes each output cell value a function of the values assigned to
the corresponding cells in the input raster map layers.

 Following methods are available:

    average: average value
    count: count of non-NULL cells
    median: median value
    mode: most frequently occurring value
    minimum: lowest value
    maximum: highest value
    range: range of values (max - min)
    stddev: standard deviation
    sum: sum of values
    variance: statistical variance
    diversity: number of different values
    slope: linear regression slope
    offset: linear regression offset
    detcoeff: linear regression coefficient of determination
    tvalue: linear regression t-value
    min_raster: raster map number with the minimum time-series value
    max_raster: raster map number with the maximum time-series value

HTH

-----
best regards
Helmut