[GRASS-user] grass73: python module name issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Sep 6 13:37:15 PDT 2016

   When I start grass73 I see this in a virtual console:

Welcome to GRASS GIS 7.3.svn (r69357)

Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
GRASS 7.3.svn
(Oregon-Dayton):~/projects/oregon/washington-eichler/data/topography >
Numeric,numarray or NumPy not found.

             This module requires the Numeric/numarray or NumPy module,
             which could not be imported.  It probably is not installed
             (it's not part of the standard Python distribution). See the
             Numeric Python site (http://numpy.scipy.org) for information on
             downloading source or binaries.

(Repeated 3 more times.)

   However, that module is installed, but is named numpy, not NumPy:

$ ls /var/log/packages/ | grep numpy
numpy-1.9.1-i486-1_SBo

Python 2.7.5 (default, May 29 2013, 03:26:28)
[GCC 4.8.0] on linux2
>>> import numpy

   Can this be quickly fixed?

TIA,