[GRASS-user] grass73: python module name issue

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 08:13:43 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> python -c "import numpy"
>>
> GRASS 7.2.svn

I suppose this means no output. No traceback means that it works. So numpy
works in the GRASS GIS session and it works outside.

>   The environment variable GRASS_PYTHON is set with grass running, but not
> otherwise.

That's correct I think. It is set for consistency. (You could use it to
force some other Python executable.)

OK, still no clues for me. Can you run the GUI (what you get when you start
or/and g.gui from command line - there should be no difference but you can
check), switch to Python tab and execute:

import sys
print (sys.path)
print (sys.version)
import numpy

Also, you can check which Python version is used in the command line:

python --version

Finally, you can try to find where numpy actually is and compare it with
what sys.path is saying.