[GRASS-user] Raster renamed but d.rast does not find it

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Sep 9 12:59:32 PDT 2016

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

>> 'g.rename rast=hdr,bare_earth_2010'
>
> vs.
>
>> Failed to run command 'd.rast map=hdr at topography'. Details:
>> GRASS_INFO_ERROR(4555,1): Raster map <hdr at topography> not found
>
> there is a mismatch in the raster name.

Helmut,

   That's the problem. I renamed hdr to bare_earth_2010 and tried to display
that map in the map display window. That's when grass displayed the error
message.

   There is no raster map named 'hdr' and I don't know why grass is looking
for it when I asked it to display 'bare_earth_2010'.

Regards,

Rich