[GRASS-user] Import ASCII point file, project to current location

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Sep 9 15:24:41 PDT 2016

Rich Shepard wrote
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>
>> AFAIK v.in.ascii doesn't do reprojection on the fly.
>
> Helmut,
>
>    No, it does not.
>
>> first import your ascii vector by v.in.ascii into the location with the
>> appropriate coordination system; then do v.proj to the Oregon long/lat
>> NAD83
>> location
>
>    That's what I did as described in my message.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

without any information of

-  g.proj -p /EPSG code/srs definition/proj4 string/...of the source
location
- g.proj -p / EPSG code/srs definition /proj4 string/...of the target
location
- sample input of v.in.ascii for the source location
- used v.proj command

it's quite hard/impossible to say what's going on

-----
best regards
Helmut