[GRASS-user] Importing data in .atx/.gdb format [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 14 10:35:56 PDT 2016

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016, Even Rouault wrote:

> Cool I've just updated the doc of the FileGDB and OpenFileGDB driver to be
> very clear on that :
>
> """The OpenFileGDB driver provides read access to File Geodatabases
> (.gdb directories) created by ArcGIS 9 and above. The dataset name must be
> the directory/folder name, and it must end with the .gdb extension."""
>
> (will be refreshed online in a few hours)

Even,

   That will help folks like me who are new to importing those data.

   I do need to move the source directory and re-import because the
data are not long-lat coordinates and also not the projection of my project
data. When grass finished importing it told me the map(s) could not be
displayed because the north edge was undefined, and the source projection
was not the target projection. Then the grass shell froze. Killing the
process solved that.

I appreciate all the help and insight all of you provided me,

Rich