[GRASS-user] Temporal framework: calculating annual 5-day extremes

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 02:09:46 PDT 2017

I have a time series of rainfall data, and for each year I want to calculate
the five-day period with maximum rainfall. So I would need to calculate the
sum of day1 to day5, then day2 to day6, then day3 to day7 etc for the whole
year, and then output the maximum grid cell 5-day values for each year into
a single raster.

To do this in t.rast.accumulate, I can see how to set a temporal cycle of 1
year (cycle= "12 months"), but not sure how to specify such a rolling sum
calculation of 5 days as described above. The default method is the 'mean'
as indicated in r.series.accumulation? I'm not too sure how the accumulation
is applied in the module.

Best regards,
Richard